Thursday, December 01, 2011

High school rumors

High school never ends. But I never had it so bat at CT as I do now. The frigging rumor mill thrives on gossip of any kind and unfortunately (or perhaps I am fortunate I dunno) the tale they tell about me is inaccurate. I am torn between thinking it is the most hilarious thing in the world or the most embarrassing. It all started with something dumb. One of my co-workers (who has 4 pretend boyfriends at work alone) told me I was "totally in love with another co-worker". I thought it was a joke, but she apparently believed it cause she told another co-worker, who said something to me in front of a huge gossip. I said it wasn't true, but they apparently didn't believe me either. Since I couldn't reason with my co-workers, I now laugh along. It is embarrassing when new people all together come up and tell me they know about me and my co-worker co-worker. I tell them it isn't like that, but they just say it is okay if it is and that I would look cute with the guy. He now knows about the rumor... well sorta. He said he laughed cause the version he got was something like we were romantically involved. Which is for the last time entirely untrue. Just cause I don't think he is a complete asshole like half the people I work with doesn't mean I am in love with him. He is like a brother. I haven't yet explained to him that I wasn't the one who started the rumor, or any of the other hilarious embarrassing circumstances which got him called into the office for a chat with the manager. I feel kinda bad and yet I care too much that people talk about me. I don't want him to think bad of me either. I think I still has some 'splainin' to do. Not really looking forward to the convo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home