No Touchie
I have one of those co-workers who always touches other people and it annoys me because I don't particularly like people touching me, especially people I am not close with, and especially not without warning.
Today my co-worker came up to me while I was on break, pinched my arm, and said "hi". Ugh. 1) I don't like people just randomly coming up and touching me, and 2) If you pinch my arm, it makes me feel like my arms must be fat or something, 3) Who likes being pinched?? anywhere??. It is just unpleasant all around.
This is why general principle is "no touchie" as in aka "don't touch me". Sigh. Some people just never seem to read my signals though, unfortunately. If someone comes up and wants to give me a hug, there is forewarning of intent and generally some sort of camaraderie/ relationship which makes this action acceptable. I don't usually mind that. Just don't pat me, or pinch me anywhere especially without warning, that's all I ask. One day I will not be able to control my reactions. The last time someone poked me with their finger in the shoulder I had a sharp intake of breath.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home