Friday, July 18, 2008

Working in the insane

Ignorant People- they really annoy me.
Today's story: A lady walks out of the fitting room, nothing in her hands. We'll call her blue shirt.
I ask politely "Ma'am, did you bring anything in with you?"
Blue shirt: "Oh yeah, it's in there."
Me: "Would you please go in and bring it back out?"
Blue shirt: "No, thank you"
She walks away and I stand there with my mouth open shocked and insulted. It wasn't exactly a question. I will reiterate that there is a sign when you first walk in the fitting room and one in almost every stall that asks people to bring their clothes out. Also I asked nicely using "please". This lady didn't have a foreign accent, so she could assumedly understand English. She was middle aged probably in her 40's, so not some young teenager who didn't know better, she as worse. She is the type of person who knowing full well what is expected, curtious and mannerly, who when asked to do the right thing, instead acts like a child and turns away. She gets one point for saying "thank you" but negative fifty points for displaying purposeful ignorance. I am not anyone's mother and I do not exist solely to clean up children's messes. No two ways about it I think she was a bitch. I wonder what her house looks like and sincerely hope she has some respect for others.

Some days are crazy.
I got paged 5 times in the span 1 or 2 minutes the other day by 5 different people all needing something slightly different. I answered each page quickly as possible, but felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off for a little whole there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home