Cooking
I think I find this humorous because I hate cooking. Really I don't care to expend all the effort and time to make food, only to see it disappear in a short amount of time leaving dirty dishes, pots, and pans. Anyways...
I was at work the other day, when a lady came up to me and asked if I worked at the store, or if I was a chef. The reason for this apparent confusion on her point was that, where I work we recently got a new line of kitchen items, so they gave out pins to the employees to wear advertising the new kitchen items. I was wearing one such pin. I replied that, yes in fact I work for the store.
Five minutes later... "Would you say this shirt is the color of paprika?" Except the way she said paprika, I misunderstood her to be saying "apricot". I told her that "apricot" is a bit lighter orange than the shirt she was holding. She was like "No, paprika, you should know what color that is because you cook so much". (Those may not have been her exact words, but that was the gist of them.) The shirt was more or less paprika colored, so I said "Oh paprika! Yes" (and I pronounced paprika my way).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home