Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Parking

Is it too much to ask to be able to park ion front of one's own house? There is a lot of space in front of my house because I live on a corner, enough to fit a good 6 cars if they are parked correctly. My family owns 3 cars. Why am I having such problems when there should be twice as much space as is needed to park 3 cars, you might ask. Good question. We have neighbors... Apparently the next-door neighbors see fit to have 5 cars, and they have space for 4 including the driveway space and the area in front of their house. This might not be a huge problem, however, the neighbor across the street who has a double driveway (although no street parking on their side of the street cause it is a narrow one way street), doesn't park in her either of her driveways, instead because of what we think are medical reasons, she parks in front of my house. So okay, I said there was room for 6 cars if everyone parks well. As it happens there is always just enough space between cars that fitting my car in there is impossible, I can not fit my car into three separate 4 foot spaces. If people could just park a little closer to one another... cars don't pass cooties. It is sooo annoying. Don't I have a driveway? Yes, I do, and it has a car in it already, a car that doesn't really work. So I suppose you could say we have 4 cars and 7 effective "spaces" to park. But still I end up parking in weird places and having to walk back because there is no room in front of my own house! Whack the Froggies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home