Monday, January 11, 2010

Managers...

There is a new manger where I work. In fact we have two new managers and two "veteran" managers. I want to talk about the newest one. I saw her in the store briefly one day last week as I was leaving for the day and I wasn't sure who she was because I saw a few people I didn't really know that day and I didn't get introduced. So this evening she was scheduled as the closing manager and I was closing tonight. I was expecting (perhaps unrealistically) that I would be officially introduced to the newest manager. No. This was not the case. She did talk to me, but it was not to introduce herself, it was to ask a favor of me.

She asks a favor of me without ever introducing herself or being introduced to me.

I don't care if you know my name and I know what yours is supposed to be, please say "Hi my name is____, what's your name?" or some cheesy greeting, so we can be on friendly terms and maybe get to know each other a little bit... build some respect. In my memory nothing like this has happened to me before where a manager hasn't made some effort to get to know people's names by simple introduction, especially upon seeing people they will be working with for the foreseeable future and haven't met yet.

I realize many people might not think this a big deal, but to me it is because I want to be introduced before I start getting orders. Even though I haven't firmly made up my mind as to like/ dislike yet... I now understand why some people already don't like her even though she only started last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home