Not mine
I have a friend with TiVo who records this one show I like (they watch it too). It is on a channel I don't get on my 5 station TV and I was unable to see it at their house live because of work. I talked to them and expressed my desire to come watch my show on Saturday. They were like 'okay, sounds fine' (and I mentioned I had to work at 3). I arrive at their house and they set the TiVo up... to watch 'In Plain Sight', then press play. They seemed to be really enjoying the show and I wasn't the only one there, so I didn't want to seem rude (after all it isn't my house or my TV). I watch the episode of a show, which while it seems like a decent show A) it was not the show I wanted to watch, B) it really isn't my type of show from what I could tell, C) It was the second to last episode of the season (not really the time to get into a series) and D) it aired on Sunday and it is now Saturday... you mean they had a whole week to watch it and picked to do it on at the particular time I was over to watch my show?
After 'In Plain Sight' is over they hand me the remote and set me up to watch my show 'Burn Notice'... only it is now half an hour before I need to leave for work and one episode without commercials runs approx. 45 minutes. I had two episodes I hadn't seen. Needless to say I only got halfway through one episode. Tell me how this makes sense? I think I should drop the hassle and try to view episodes online because this is stupid. Las time I went over to watch an episode before this one, practically the same thing happened. 'In Plain Sight' was airing live that time though, but someone had missed the beginning so by the time I got to watch my show, it was about 45 minutes after 'In Plain Sight' had ended in real time and people were ready to go to bed.
Lessons: 1) No matter how much easier you think it will be to watch TV at someone else's house, try online first even if your internet is slow. 2) I am frustrated. 3) I still want to watch 'Burn Notice'.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home