Monday, June 06, 2005

Long social day

Today (yesterday now) is what I would call a people day for me. I went to a picnic this afternoon... well "festival". Then this evening I went with a friend to another gathering of people's, though smaller disscussion group type meeting... can't think of better term cause look at the time, it is just past midnight and I should be going to sleep. At the festival I knew most of the people, while at the other place I knew only the person who had brought me. Not being truly a people person, I think I actually talked and mingled fairly well on both occasions.

I feel as though sometimes I am aquaintances to many, yet friends with only a very few. Maybe it is simply to taxing to invest yourself in many close friends, so when the commonality of a "random" meeting up every so often fades, so the bond starts to dissolve. I suppose communication is the key to any relationship along with some kind of common ground as a basis or starting point. Blah, I dither in my own thoughts, not sure of the exact point I am making if any.

"A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:24).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home