Sunday, May 29, 2005

Memorial Day

Although Memorial Day is truly about remembering peopel who have fought in wars and stuff like that, sometimes I tend to associate it more with cookouts and sales. Personally I like picnics and cookouts, they are a great way to celebrate, although with most hoidays the meaning of the holiday is in part forgotten, and celebration emphasised. I think I have seen and heard more advertisements for sales recently than... than normal. The most since last holiday, lol.

Our family cebrated Memorial Day today by going to a cookout. There was lots of great food, some of it made by my mother. I am stuffed right now having eating my fill plus prolly a little more. After eating we played Chronology. It seems at these sort of gatherings we usually play Chronology, Taboo, or Scattergories... I think it is time to break down and buy some new games for groups like Apples to Apples. I have played Apples to Apples before with friends, but never with family and neighbors, so I think it is time to introduce them to it. Someone would have to buy the game though... and I think I know who to convince.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home