Sunday, May 06, 2007

Alone

How does one define a concept they are not sure of, where the definition can change from person to person?

Here I sit, for all intents and purposes alone. My family is not around. My friends are always busy (the few I have); even my cats are making themselves scarce. My life is primarily consumed with sleep, work, and school. There are enough people graduating this year, that my small friend/ acquaintance base will shrink even further. All this leads me to say is that, in the end, I am a self centered person. The world revolves around me and as that world shrinks, the 'worse off' I become...

I remember the prayer... "let her not become sarred or embittered in any way" but I am bitter. It makes me sad. I am young, to young to be bitter and cynical. I can see the darkness in a sunny day. I wish to be as a child, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine for its own sake. There are too many ways to create insecurity by second guessing one's self. I can see out the window with clear vision, however who is to say I don't then dismiss things to lightly.

To read is to travel and have imaginary friends. When something bad happens, it isn't to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home