Monday, October 24, 2005

Cool weather

There are some definte advantages to cooler weather, I mean when else do you get to see the leaves on trees begin to change color? How often does one use a woodstove in the summer monthes? One's cats seem more apt to sleep inside on the end of the bed when it's cool outside. The list goes on.

Last night I preforemed an experiment, something I in all my years have never done before. The change is subtle, almost unrecogizable, but that was kinda the point, to create a small change.

I had a lab practical for med micro this morning, and I don't think I did so hot. For part of the test we had to do a gram stain, then look at it in the microscope. I couldn't see anything in the microscope. My slide looked like it had a fingerprint on it in stead of cells, even after I stained it. I prolly did something wrong, in fact it was a bit of a rushed thing cause we only had 2 min per station and for most stations that was quite adaquit, but for the gram stain ones, nope. I had a 50/50 chance of guessing Gram+ or Gram- correctly, so hopefully that worked for me.

This weekend was a bit differant than most, but I enjoyed it quite well. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home